Find Joy In Your Journey
What Exactly Is “Life Coaching”?
Life Coaching as described by my teacher, Dr. Martha Beck, is a counselor for people who don’t need therapy. “A life coach is to a therapist as a personal trainer is to a doctor.”
My Coaching Philosophy
First and foremost, I will hold a safe and confidential space for us to work together as a team. I will help you gain clarity and perspective. I will help you build your strengths and overcome your weaknesses. I’m a straight shooter, so I will also question you, your thoughts and beliefs to help you make the changes you want to pursue. We will explore what beliefs may be standing in your way and work together to dissolve them. I do not tell you what to do, instead, through inquiry we will uncover what always lies within – Your Truth.
We will focus on moving forward rather than rehashing the past. I believe that everything is a choice and learning to choose what’s right for you is critical.
I will authentically share my life experiences with you with as they relate to our work together. I’ve been through quite a few challenges and those experiences give me my unique ability to inspire and guide other women down similar paths. We all need a cheerleader when we’re going through new territory and I will be your loudest one!
During Coaching, I Will…
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest and the truest in you
- Provide safety, encouragement and support in an environment in which you can relax and explore
- Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights
- Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board
- Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness
- Be an on-going resource for you in accomplishing your intentions
During Coaching, You Will…
- Cultivate a core of honesty with yourself
- Take responsibility for creating value and results for yourself
- Be open to my feedback and keep me honestly informed as to what is and is not working for you
- Take ownership for your progress and your accomplishments
- Keep your regularly scheduled appointments, as the results of our work together are cumulative. The best results happen because of your consistency and follow-through.