March is Women’s History Month!
This is a month long celebration of women’s contributions to society and history. Below are some of my favorite quotes from inspiring women:
- “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” ~ Helen Keller
- “No matter how difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the truth.” ~ Martha Beck
- “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” ~ Diane von Furstenberg
- “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~ Golda Meir
- “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” ~ Amelia Earhart
- “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
- “The challenge is not to be perfect…..it’s to be whole.” ~ Jane Fonda
- “Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.” ~ Anne Lamott
- “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” ~ Lucille Ball
- “We must tell girls their voices are important.” ~ Malala Yousafzai
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear, knowing what must be done does away with fear.” ~ Rosa Parks
- “To all the little girls watching…never doubt that you are valuable and powerful & deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world.” ~ Hillary Clinton
- “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “There are some people who still feel threatened by strong women. That’s their problem. It’s not mine.” ~ Gloria Allred
- “Done is better than perfect.” ~ Sheryl Sandberg
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” ~ Madeleine Albright
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life.” ~ Louise Hay
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” ~ Nora Ephron
- “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.” ~ Brene Brown
- “I don’t really care for brussels sprouts, but they’re so damn cute.” ~ Mary McKay
Go out there and create your world ~ and enjoy some brussels sprouts while you’re at it!
Don't Miss an Issue!
Quit Drinking ~ Start Living!
Get my weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox which includes lots of useful information and inspiration to help you live your life more authentically without alcohol.